About the Opportunity
The Greentree Group employees are truly valued and treated with respect. You’ll be working with an outstanding team with an impressive track record. We need a talented individual to fill a Senior Software Engineer role in the Dayton, OH area in support the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) Program Executive Officer for Fighters & Bombers Directorate (AFLCMC/WW), F-15 Division. The right candidate will apply an understanding of DoD, AF and common engineering/scientific principles, processes and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support development and collection of technical data and inputs for staff summary packages and executive briefings to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approvals.
- Support analysis of equipment and software deficiencies, make recommendations for equipment and software deficiency corrections, and develop, integrate, and test equipment and software deficiency solutions.
- Support the F-15 Division in the performance of disciplined engineering activities to assure Operational Safety, Suitability, and Effectiveness (OSS&E) for all products.
- 10 years’ experience and a MA/MS degree in engineering or 20 years and a BA/BS from ABET accredited engineering program.
- Experience working with aeronautical vehicle systems and/or airborne or related ground systems avionics OFP capabilities to support the core engineering tasks as they relate to software engineering
- Experience managing weapon’s hardware or software programs through the Air Force Airworthiness process as it applies to stores integration on Bomber/Fighter aircraft.
- Ability to manage the process from Airworthiness Impact Determination and MIL-HDBK 516C compliance through the Military Flight Release process.
- Experience working the SEEK EAGLE Process for armament and store integration, to include analyzing Certification Recommendations, Recommended Flight Clearances and Stores Management Assessments Ability to develop briefings and brief leadership on Airworthiness assessments, impacts and risk management/issues on weapons integration activities.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Good organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
The Greentree Group offers an attractive, flexible benefits package and outstanding growth opportunities. When applying for this position, please submit resume and salary requirements to job code SSE-18-013. A background check may be required. No relocation is offered with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled