The Assistant Accounting and Human Resources will be primarily responsible for providing support in areas of Human Resources, Accounting, and a few Front Desk. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Human Resources Assistant will work with the Director of Human Resources to ensure maximum efficiency. S/He will also be assisting with invoices, ordering for the offices and doing at least 2 shifts at the front desk.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Handle Team Member requests
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Support the Director of HR in planning, developing, and monitoring policies and goals to maximize employee productivity and efficiency while minimizing turnover.
- Maintain accurate and complete employee personnel
- The Accounting Clerk is primarily responsible for providing accounting support and performing accounting and clerical functions. S/He will ensure files are complete and maintained in order to grow the operational efficiency of the hotel.
- Communicate with staff and guests with dignity and respect.
- Compile, distribute, copy, fax, and file reports, letters, training materials, and other documents as directed.
- Maintains and organizes files, work areas, and office equipment.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Compile and sort invoices and checks.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Accounting/Control Experience
- Guest Services experience would be preferred
- Two to three years office experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer systems
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets and formulas
- Ability to carry oneself in a mature, professional and responsible manner at all times.
- Service-minded and team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and hospitality knowledge
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to jump in where needed
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Opera will be preferred
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Possess strong motivational, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)