To create the guest experience by preparing the menu items and ingredients to
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Breakfast Cook Skills and Qualifications
- Confer with General Manager to determine menu items, and create recipes according to the hotel standards.
- Prepare breakfast items such as eggs, pancakes, flatbreads, bacon, according to brand standards
- prepare breakfast in a box when required.
- Look through order slips to determine what types of breakfasts have been ordered by hotel guest
- Create breakfast plates according to order slips, ensuring that portioning is properly carried out
- Coordinate efforts with the servers to ensure that guest breakfast plates are delivered to their tables or hotel rooms in a timely manner
- Oversee food items inventory, and ensure that any low stock situations are communicated to General managers in a time-efficient fashion
- Ascertain that the cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchen area is overseen, and ensured constantly
- Handle leftover food in a proper manner, in accordance with the restaurant’s protocols and procedures
- Breakfast cooks start their days early in the morning and work to prepare and serve food to a wide range of guest
- Must be able to cook a variety of breakfast dishes either to order or in bulk quantities
- Food presentation – this role also requires food presentation skills
- They also need to figure out how to best present buffet items in some settings
- Team coordination – breakfast cooks needs to effectively work with the servers
Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- communicate with team members and coordinate kitchen activities to provide excellent guest service
- Problem-solving skills – skilled breakfast cooks must respond quickly to changing kitchen circumstances or guest requests, so problem-solving skills are vital
- Familiarity with food safety standards – breakfast cooks should also be well-versed in food safety procedures and best practices for handling and storing ingredients