Job Description/Summary: Responsible for attending to the needs of guests, especially during check-in and check-out.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Checking hotel guest In/out of the hotel.
- Providing information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities.
- Responding to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area (e.g. directions, places to eat, etc.).
- Selling rooms to “walk-in” guest.
- Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system.
- Posting charges to guest accounts.
- Processing payments from guests.
- Making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
- Informing housekeeping department about room status/availability.
- Listening for and responding to guest complaints.
- Operating hotel switchboard.
- Making room reservations.
- Cleaning the front desk area.
- Maintaining daily logs.
- Balancing shift work and cash drawers.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor