Family Activities to Do During COVID-19
There are so many things you can during this time at home…you are only limited to your imagination!
Get outside and play!
- Take a nature walk at one of the 75
Check the for more information.
- Join your children outside for a game of hide and seek, kick the can, or a scanvenger hunt around the neighborhood.
- Take your dog for a walk or visit the local playground.
- Start planning your summer garden!
- Go for a jog!
- Create an obstacle course with toys and games from your garage.
Explore More Indoors!
- Have a local library card? Many local libraries, including the
allow you to check out and download ebooks! Read aloud to each other, read silently, or take turns reading to each other.
- Start a virtual book club! Choose a book and start an online chat with your friends. The State Library of Ohio, Ohioana Library Association and Ohio Center for the Book recommend these
- Play games indoors!
include Simon Says, Duck Duck Goose, or Follow the Leader. Older children can play “I Spy,” charades, indoor bowling, or make up new games.
- Try a new recipe or make dinner as a family; find recipes and tips for cook with children safely on the
- Read a chapter book together and discuss the characters and plot and ask questions to encourage critical thinking. Visit the Ohio Department of Education’s
to find ideas to keep the reading excitement going.
- Pop some popcorn and cuddle up for a movie marathon.
- Turn up the volume and have a family dance party!
- Make a scrapbook of souvenirs from a previous vacation.
- Get the creativity flowing! Give your kids art supplies such as crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints to create show pieces for your home. Put the artwork on your fridge or hang them around your house and host your very own art show.
- Can’t get to the gym? Try an online workout or virtual yoga instruction! Or get the family together to make up your own workout or dance routines.
- Give everyone a task and get a jump on
- Wish you were at the spa? Take a bubble bath and follow it up with a home manicure or pedicure.
- Family game night! Hold a Monopoly tournament or take that puzzle off the shelf.
For additional information, visit
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
American Academy of Pediatrics: