We love small businesses and want to be a resource center for startups and early stage businesses. In order to help you find the resources you need, we've compiled links and resources below for your use. If you have any specific questions or would like to request resources to be added, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 Steps for Starting a Business:
1. Name your business
2. Register with the Ohio Secretary of State
3. Create a business plan - tips and samples are available here
4. Obtain a federal EIN - click here
5. Report newly-hired and re-hired employees to the Ohio new hire reporting center
6. Open a business bank account (you will need your EIN to open your bank account)
7. Join our chamber of commerce! We partner with companies that can help you through the next several steps.
8. If you have one or more employees, click here
Contact one of the following companies for reduced BWC rates (must be chamber member):
9. Identify requirements of the Ohio department of job and family services. Click here and search "employers."
10. Obtain proper licenses and permits, click here
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES:
Beavercreek Township Economic Development
City of Beavercreek Planning & Development
Greene County Economic Development
Greene County Planning & Zoning
Secretary of State Resources
Broward (Florida) SCORE Business Resources
Wright-Patt Credit Union Small Business Resources
Workers Comp 101 for New Ohio Businesses